Each season, DFMC team members achieve spectacular fundraising results to support Dana-Farber's Claudia Adams Barr Program in Innovative Basic Cancer Research and to celebrate the special people in whose honor they are participating in DFMC. The Fundraising Spotlight is where these tremendous fundraising milestones are recognized for the world to see! As teammates' accomplishments cumulate we'll applaud them here, including:
- Pacesetters: Team members who raise $8,000 or more are especially critical to DFMC's success through their exceptional dedication to conquering cancer. Congratulations to nearly 320 Pacesetters during the DFMC 2017 season!
- Top 50 Fundraisers: This team-leading category speaks for itself!
- Fundraising Contest Winners: Teammates earn Marathon Day cheering shirts for family and friends through contests that reward various fundraising accomplishments.
Fundraising Projects and Events
There are many different ways that DFMC team members reach their personal fundraising goals. Creativity rules! During the 2017 season alone, for example:
- Tracy had numerous DFMC projects, including mesh hats, winter hats, rally towels, and vests
- Laurie created Boston inspired training shirts
- Sarah and Hilary's fabulous team jackets brought camaraderie to DFMC training runs and beyond
- Rich and Micho each directed 5K road races
Teammates raised thousands of dollars by supplementing their fundraising campaigns with projects and events. If you would like to organize an event or project, we look forward to hearing from you! Please contact the DFMC office at least four weeks in advance of the event to learn more about our quick and easy approval process. We're here to help!
Visit the Fundraising Spotlight page regularly throughout the season to learn about team members' events and projects.